MCN Learning and MCN Foundation- PRESS RELEASE
MCN Healthcare Spins off MCN Learning Unit Focused on Serving Educational Needs of Thousands of Hospitals and Clinics Worldwide
MCN Learning Profits to Fund MCN Foundation, Established to Increase Access to Basic Healthcare Education in Developing Nations
Chicago, Ill. and Denver, Co. – June 8, 2011 – MCN Healthcare, Inc., one of the nation’s leading healthcare publishing and education firms, today announced it has spun off its education business into a separate unit, MCN Learning LLC. In addition, all profits of MCN Learning will benefit the newly established MCN Foundation, which is focused on increasing access to basic healthcare education among disadvantaged populations in developing nations.
The announcement was made today by Amanda Valeur, Founder and Executive Director of MCN and Pamela Gustafson-Kirkwood, Executive Vice President and Director of MCN, at the Joint Commission and Joint Commission Resources (JCR) Annual Conference on Quality and Patient Safety in Chicago, Illinois. MCN Learning is the technology partner for the Joint Commission Quality and Safety Resource Network (JCRQSN), a monthly subscription series of video conference, continuing education training sessions for hospital networks’ doctors and nurses.
As an independent entity, MCN Learning will leverage its decades of experience in healthcare education to serve the educational needs of hospitals, clinics and healthcare organizations worldwide. It will do so through its web-based content and learning platform that administers, tracks and monitors both online and offline education. Since the company’s inception, MCN has provided useful and accessible educational resources to support and develop the skills and decision-making of caregivers. Through its team of regulatory and compliance experts, education and clinical professionals, MCN Learning’s Programs & Learning Management Systems already serves customers in all 50 states and on every continent.
“At MCN, our mission has always been to provide products and services to make our clients’ lives easier. With the establishment of MCN Learning and the MCN Foundation, we are able to globally expand our mission to provide care and educational skills in countries with the greatest need and fewest resources,” said Valeur.
The MCN Foundation will implement education projects and share resulting evidence-based knowledge with other organizations to increase and promote healthcare based education, empowerment and job creation in rural and developing regions.
The goal of the Foundation is to increase access to basic healthcare education in rural communities in developing nations through:
- Addressing the shortage, low productivity and misdistribution of health workers.
- Promoting grassroots healthcare education: working with individuals to become or strengthen their skills as community based health workers.
- Encouraging career advancement by facilitating job creation through supporting heads of households and young adults to cultivate long-term financial independence and dignity.
- Enhancing education of current nurses and caregivers in rural regions to meet the increasing demand while raising income levels of those healthcare providers.
- Educating primary or first-line health givers in an efficient fashion allowing for healthier communities to immerge in less time. Reducing the “wait time” for nurses, advance practice nurses and physicians to become available in rural areas.
- Engaging individuals in the possibilities of healthcare as a career through promotion and education.
- Helping to begin the healthcare provider path and allow for career advancement with the minimum resources including currently available cell phone enabled technology, wireless technology and other resources.
Valeur added, “We believe health is a basic human right. Through the MCN Foundation, we seek to empower communities to take control of their health and to establish a vibrant and participatory health care system made up of communities, health workers and governments.”
To learn more about the MCN Foundation, visit: http://mcnhealthcarefoundation.org/.
About MCN Healthcare LLC
MCN Healthcare enables healthcare organizations to improve processes, implement best practices and enable care givers to work more effectively with access to the most current industry trends and knowledge. From its inception in 1987, MCN’s mission has been to provide products and services that make its clients’ lives easier. From the industry’s most advanced library of compliance document templates to new technology solutions to reduce workload, MCN has kept up with changing requirements, while never wavering from its core mission. MCN provides direct access to experienced healthcare professionals and top experts in healthcare IT and clinical competency. More than 20,000 clients around the globe rely on MCN Healthcare’s innovative solutions to increase knowledge and ensure compliance. To learn more, visit www.mcnhealthcare.com.