In our blog post a few weeks ago we talked about the importance of policy and procedure management.
This week we are going to discuss why healthcare organizations need policy automation, that is policy management software, in the first place. The complexity involved with policy management demands that healthcare organizations automate as many processes and tasks as possible because of the amount of time needed for policy management.
Policy management software can dramatically reduce the frustration of never having enough time, staff, or budget to manage massive libraries of policies and procedures. Partnering with a policy management vendor who has designed their software from a clinician-led standpoint can make operations smoother, reduce risk, and increase patient safety because the policy management solution is built for the needs of healthcare by healthcare experts.
Policy management software:
- Streamlines policy management with policy version control and auto-archiving
- Automates policy approval workflows
- Achieves staff compliance through 24/7 access to the most current policies and procedures
- Execute staff competency assessments
- Access to a comprehensive library of customizable policies and procedures authored by clinical and regulatory experts
In our next blog, we will discuss why policy management software should make your job easier, not harder.